Two brand new models join the comprehensive line-up of Lagoon sailing catamarans in the Fall of 2017, the Lagoon 40 and the Lagoon 50 catamaran.
Lagoon 50 Catamaran – Introduction
This new boat is the perfect compromise between the emblematic 450 model and the 52.
She offers an attractive option to navigators in search of a large “seaworthy and modern” owner’s boat. With her new visual identity, rigging and hull design, she provides increased performance, comprising a unique brand signature. Indeed, the 50’s elegance seduces thanks to the bevelled shape of her hulls, generous volumes and panoramic views, more than ever enhanced. With unparalleled accommodation possibilities, this new model is available in three, four or even… six cabins!
Lagoon 50 Catamaran Exterior: comfortable and functional
- A flybridge with two secure accesses and a helm station provides perfect visibility. And behind the helm station, a huge modular recreation area conceals a storage area large enough to store all the cushions.
- A large open cockpit facing out to sea, large stern skirts enable easy access to the boat and a large modular dining area with removable bench seats to welcome children and adults alike.
- The second cockpit for further enjoyment of the foredeck with a dual function: seating or deck chair position, flush with the forward trampoline.
- Vast storage space under most of the cockpit and flybridge seats.
Lagoon 50 Catamaran Interior: generous volumes and luminosity
The spaciously designed layout reveals innovative architecture where every detail has been planned to create a warm, homely atmosphere. The design enables anyone to choose their desired accommodation layout, with three, four, five or even six cabins!
- An innovative saloon concept on two levels, providing two separate but communicating areas: a large galley that opens onto the cockpit on one side, and a slightly elevated lounge area for enhanced panoramic vision, which can easily be turned into a dining area if needed.
- An innovative interior design, with a new, elegant and elaborate wood finish being customised for the owner.
- Remarkable communication between the interior and the exterior: the central panoramic windscreen is retractable, which is ideal for ventilation of both the saloon and the cockpit. This enables interaction with the forward area.
- Outstanding natural light in the aft cabins, fitted with panoramic glazing and large hull portholes in the showers and bathrooms.
- Volume and comfort in the hulls with particular attention to storage space: cabins with « Island bed » berths forward and aft, large storage volumes, hanging lockers, and open bookcases.
- Large fresh and black water tanks located under the floorboards, thus providing considerable space. A grey water tank is optional in order to comply with environmental standards.
Lagoon 50 Catamaran New generation rigging: performance and simplicity
The decision to position the mast step further aft, which stems directly from Lagoon’s experience in competitive sailing, provides this catamaran with multiple advantages:
- A self-tacking jib for simplified manoeuvres.
- A large forward triangle for a wider choice of downwind sails: a guaranty of performance,
- A shorter boom for easier manoeuvres.
- The mainsail, with a high aspect ratio, enabling the capture of better airflow in the upper parts of the sail for optimised performance.
- The re-centering of weight, thanks to aft positioning of rigging, considerably reduces the boat’s pitch.
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 14.76 m / 48 ft 5 in
- Beam (width)
- 8.1 m / 26 ft 7 in
- 21,000 kg / 46,297 lbs
- Sail area
- 158 m2 / 1,702 ft2
- Draft (depth)
- 1.4 m / 4 ft 7 in
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 520 L / 137 gallons
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 520 L / 137 gallons
- Water capacity
2 x 240 L / 2 x 63 gallons
- Engine make
- Engine size (standard)
- 57 hp / 42 kW
- No. of engines
- Height of mast above water
- 26.51 m / 87 ft
Yacht Sales EnquiryEnquire
Your information has been successfully sent to Horizon Yacht Sales.
Our yacht sales team will review your request and get back to you shortly.