Horizon Yacht Sales present the Lagoon 450 SporTop from Lagoon catamarans. Replacing the Lagoon 440 catamaran – that has come to be seen as a benchmark – is no easy task. But the VPLP architects, in partnership with Lagoon catamarans and the celebrated Nauta Design studio, have been brilliantly successful in creating the new Lagoon 450 SporTop.
- infusion-moulding: weight saving (important for a catamaran), best possible structure, protection for the environment and shipyard workers
- interior joinery in Alpi® reconstituted wood in the interests of sustainable development (choice of finishes: light oak or teak)
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun, optimisation of space and headroom
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- VPLP design: a guarantee of performance under sail!
- and the Nauta touch for elegance and comfort
- a steering station on the fly bridge with safe access from both sides for perfect visibility and a large sunbathing area
- a spacious cockpit, again ideal for sunbathing, on the same level as the galley, with a ventilation panel
- a second cockpit, making best use of the forward area
- particularly safe and effective transom platforms for coming aboard or accessing the tender
- interior design by Nauta: elegance and functionality
- saloon and cabins exceptionally well lit
- natural light in cabins thanks to large glazed panels on hulls
- truly luxurious owner’s and guests’ cabins
- “U”-shaped galley for greater comfort at sea
- galley located between cockpit and saloon
- engine compartments remote from the living areas and perfectly insulated
« 19 days! Maybe not a “Route du Rhum” time, but nevertheless a very creditable performance for a voyage from La Rochelle to Pointe à Pitre (3477 miles) in a strictly standard Lagoon 450.” »
Jean-François Tanguy, professional skipper – February 2011
« The sailplan gives the boat enough power to remain fast and dynamic in a wind of less than 10 knots. »
Multicoques magazine, FR / Multihulls World, UK-January 2011
- Essential: this version comprises all the essential features: get the best out of your Lagoon catamaran at a more affordable price.
- Comfort: fully equipped for long-distance cruising.
This version is designed specifically for pleasure cruisers who prefer a more conventional helm station, and are also more suitable for sailing with a smaller crew.
Key points to note on the SporTop models are:
- The lines of both models are sleeker, lending the SporTop versions an extra dash of elegance
- Lowered rigs provide greater stability for the same sail area
- Access between the cockpit and the helm station is easier
- There is also the possibility of closing off the helm station for shelter in bad weather
- New U-shaped galley layout, with large cooktops and larger work surfaces
- New forward cabins in the Lagoon 450 with side access berths
Click Here to book a test sail or charter a Lagoon 450. The Lagoon 450 is available to purchase to place into charter or to own privately. Follow the links for Charter Purchase or Private Purchase.
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 13.96 m / 45 ft 10 in
- Beam (width)
- 7.87 m / 25 ft 10 in
- 15,000 kg / 33,069 lbs
- Sail area
- 130 m2 / 1,399 ft2
- Draft (depth)
- 1.3 m / 4 ft 3 in
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 520 L / 137 gallons
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 520 L / 137 gallons
- Water capacity
2 x 175 L / 2 x 46 gallons
- Engine make + Drive
- Yanmar / Saildrive
- Engine size (standard)
- 45 hp / 33 kW
- No. of engines
- Height of mast above water
- 22.33 m / 73 ft 3 in
Your information has been successfully sent to Horizon Yacht Sales.
Our yacht sales team will review your request and get back to you shortly.