Lagoon 400 S2 Catamaran
After seeing over 260 boats built in three years, the Lagoon 400 (launched in 2009) has found a new lease of life through Nauta Design’s work on the boat’s interior fittings. Suggestions received from owners have enabled Lagoon to produce a boat that is even more welcoming, with a greater level of comfort, and resolutely modern: the result is the Lagoon 400 S2, a nod to its famous predecessors, the Lagoon 410 S2 and 380 S2.
Like its predecessors, the Lagoon 400 S2 is designed for coastal or ocean cruises. It can comfortably accommodate 8 with its 3 or 4 double cabins, elegantly fitted, spacious interior, and her cockpit and salon on the same level.
Space and comfort
- Luxurious and modern with its Alpi® grey oak finished cabinets, and Milano laminate flooring.
- Even more spacious with the redesigned layout of the salon.
- High level of comfort with widened double berths in owner and guest cabins.
- In the owner version, an impressive suite rarely found on catamarans of this size, featuring double cabin, couch, and desk.
- infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders
- interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun and optimal space and height below deck
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- wide choice of layouts including 3 or 4 cabins and 2, 3 or 4 washrooms
- VPLP design: performance under sail guaranteed!
- rigid bimini flush with the coachroof for cleaner lines and better protection against the sun
- easy and safe movement around rear deck
- transom platforms for easy and safe boarding
- cockpit and saloon are on the same level
- Direct communication from the helm position to the cockpit
- plenty of natural light in saloon and cabins (large hull windows)
- excellent ventilation in all parts of the boat
- large owner’s cabin with plenty of stowage
- galley located between cockpit and saloon
- forward cabins include double bed that converts into twin beds
- engine compartments are far from the living areas and perfectly insulated
« The Lagoon 400 is a true sailboat. During our trial in Chesapeake Bay, the fact of having two hulls with a pretty powerful combination of sails (gennaker and mainsail), allowed us to reach 5.2 knots reaching in 7-knots of wind. »
Cruising World, USA – March 2010
« When we set off in the Lagoon 400, a south-westerly wind gusting to 30 knots was blowing over Chesapeake Bay (…). The boat thrived in these conditions under mainsail with one reef and jib, sailing at 7 knots or more, at an angle of 35-40° (apparent) from a 25-knot wind. »
Sail Magazine, USA- January 2010
« In a rapidly freshening breeze (…) of up to 25 knots, we maintained a speed of 8.5 to 9 knots, sailing at 55° from true wind, with the fin keels working perfectly to counter leeway. »
Multicoques Magazine, FR / Multihulls World, UK – July 2009
- Essential: this version comprises all the essential features to ensure you get the best out of your Lagoon catamaran at a more affordable price.
- Comfort: fully equipped for long-distance cruising.
Lagoon 400 S2 CatamaranSpecifications
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 11.97 m / 39 ft 3 in
- Beam (width)
- 7.25 m / 23 ft 9 in
- 10 kg / 23 lbs
- Sail area
- 84 m2 / 904 ft2
- Draft (depth)
- 1.21 m / 4 ft
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 200 L / 53 gallons
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 200 L / 53 gallons
- Water capacity
1 x 300 L / 1 x 79 gallons
- Engine make + Drive
- Yanmar / Saildrive
- Engine size (standard)
- 29 hp / 21 kW
- No. of engines
- Height of mast above water
- 20.3 m / 66 ft 7 in
Lagoon 400 S2 CatamaranGallery
Yacht Sales EnquiryEnquire
Your information has been successfully sent to Horizon Yacht Sales.
Our yacht sales team will review your request and get back to you shortly.