Lagoon 52 Fly
Horizon Yacht Sales present the Lagoon 52 for sale, the latest model in the Lagoon catamaran range, marks a whole new era in the design of catamarans, as indeed did its predecessor, the famed Lagoon 500.
With its diamond-shaped vertical bows, bevelled hulls, its as if levitated deckhouse and tall rig, the Lagoon 52 is no ordinary catamaran, but its originality goes a great deal further than just its “outer” appearance, or even its interior layout.
The new Lagoon 52 catamaran is the result of lengthy discussions between the architects at Van Peteghem-Lauriot Prévost (VPLP), the Italian Nauta Design agency and the Lagoon design department. These discussions led Lagoon to make some important and sometimes radical choices, while remaining faithful to what they believe in, in terms of elegance, comfort, safety, user friendliness and, it goes without saying, performance under sail.
You can read the Multihulls World review of the Lagoon 52 here.
- noble and luxurious materials, with soft shades for a harmonious interior
- continuous horizontal and fluent lines give the interior open and generous spaces
- continuity between exterior and interior life
- a slender exterior design for a boat with a strong character
- infusion-moulding for increased weight saving (important for a catamaran), an optimal structure, and greater protection for the environment and shipbuilders
- interior woodwork in Alpi® reconstituted wood, a sustainable source
- vertical glazing for better protection against the sun and optimal space and headroom
- gull-wing bridge deck for greater comfort in heavy seas
- wide choice of layouts including 3, 4 or 5 cabins, with respectively 3, 4 or 5 washrooms
- VPLP design: performance under sail guaranteed!
- the boat is accessed via open aft transoms, facilitating boarding and disembarking
- broad sidedecks, with recessed deck hatches
- the cockpit is level with the saloon, and has an outdoor lounge and sun-lounging area to starboard
- the fly bridge is reached either by a staircase leading from the cockpit, or by another leading from the deck on the starboard side
- the steering station can be adjusted to three different positions (starboard, centre or port), giving the skipper perfect visibility under sail or when manoeuvring
The decision to locate the mast further to aft directly on the Lagoon 52 catamaran comes from the designers’ racing experience and has many advantages on a cruising catamaran:
- a large forward triangle allows a larger sails choice: a promise for great performance
- the shorter boom makes the mainsail much easier to maneuver
- the mainsail, which is relatively narrower and higher, benefits from better winds at the top, thus enhancing performance
- by re-centering the weight in this way, pitching is considerably reduced
- the saloon encompasses the lounge and dining table to starboard, a large galley to port which gives on directly to the cockpit to form a large ‘L’, together with the chart table in the middle, facing out to sea.
- all the cabins have large double beds, storage space in keeping with the offshore sailing program of the boat and, of course, an en-suite bathroom with separate shower
- the cabins have incomparable natural lighting thanks to the fixed hull windows, together with excellent ventilation thanks to the deck hatches and portholes that open out to the hull-side or to the cockpit
Lagoon 52 FlySpecifications
- Hull type
- Length (LOA)
- 15.84 m / 52 ft
- Beam (width)
- 8.74 m / 28 ft 8 in
- 26,003 kg / 57,327 lbs
- Sail area
- 156 m2 / 1,679 ft2
- Draft (depth)
- 1.55 m / 5 ft 1 in
- Primary fuel tank capacity
- 496 L / 131 gallons
- Secondary fuel tank capacity
- 496 L / 131 gallons
- Water capacity
4 x 240 L / 4 x 63 gallons
- Engine make + Drive
- Yanmar / Saildrive
- Engine size (standard)
- 57 hp / 42 kW
- No. of engines
- Height of mast above water
- 27.97 m / 91 ft 9 in
Lagoon 52 FlyGallery
Yacht Sales EnquiryEnquire
Your information has been successfully sent to Horizon Yacht Sales.
Our yacht sales team will review your request and get back to you shortly.